NME releases report on future of EU media policy: “Safeguarding the Economic Sustainability of Europe’s News Media Ecosystem”
NME news ,
July 11, 2018
Today, News Media Europe released its report on the future of EU media policy: “Safeguarding the Economic Sustainability of Europe’s News Media Ecosystem”. The report, based on the collected views of News Media Europe’s membership, aims to facilitate the EU’s thinking on media-related policy in light of the upcoming 2019-2024 EU Commission.
The report includes 10 recommended actions:
- The EU as guardian of fundamental rights
- Leveling the playing field: online platforms
- Leveling the playing field: public service broadcasters
- EU competition law for a more digital and data-driven future
- Collective bargaining rights: news media united in diversity
- Copyright and its enforcement
- On the question of EU state aid guidelines for news media
- News distribution and universal service obligations: a fundamental rights perspective
- Funding opportunities: encouraging cluster and network effects and increasing innovation support
- Sharing the benefits of media literacy
For more information, contact Wout van Wijk.